Saturday, February 21, 2009

cold days and tech blunders



Well its a cold day here in the Arctic.This Morning I had a an opportunity to go out and shoot some Caribou.They migrate into town.They are so close that you don't need super long lens to get half way decent shots.
I shot from my car.This was an interesting exercise in how to set up for a shoot.I took my ipod and camera gear and a blanket.I shot using a cannon 75 - 300mm lens,1:4 5.6 lens.Generally I don't shoot outdoor except in summer.Its just too cold.The car provided a good stable platform and when it got too cold I could turn the heat on.I used the blanket and the window as a tripod.The blanket help cushioned the lens as I held it over the glass.On my Ipod I had a number of digital photography pod cast with tips and tricks.
The day was a lot of fun.The photos were good.
over all a great day of photography.
The tech blunders come from my computer.It seems to have a life of its own.It dose things on its own.Turns on ,off switches windows.tech is good but frustrating at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment