Monday, September 7, 2009

Re-Touch

before


After

Last night my wife decided to scan some baby photo of our first born son.At the time we had a cheep point and shoot film camera.Every photo of our sons first days were ruined or at least so we thought.
Now with technology I can remove the hair and other sings and were to bring back the photo to a usable print.I am not a master of Photoshop or Gimp,but in a hour or so I had a print that was usable.I was thinking what this means to the world.The amount of historic photographs and films that have been damaged or lost now have avenues to restore and be done by the average person.
Think of the thousands of photo lost in in the floods in New Orleans or the fires in LA.I am starting to fall in love with post processing software.

No comments:

Post a Comment